Pages

Saturday 26 December 2009

A Wonderful Christmas

This year we spent a wonderful Christmas day at my sister's.

We started the day at home where we took our time getting up and having a cooked breakfast before opening our presents in the lounge - we didn't bother to get dressed, but did that after opening our pressies. I was really lucky and got a Polaroid Pogo printer and a Lovelinks bracelet from Hugh - very spoiled! Hugh, Ben and Penny were all really pleased with their presents too. We then all got dressed and set off to Hemel with presents, cameras and the turkey which I had cooked to take with us!

Pippa and her family were all ready for us when we arrived and my Mum and Dad were also there. Pippa's parents-in-law arrived a little after us, so we were a houseful! We had a mega present giving session:

Ben, Hugh, Henry (my nephew), Gill (my Mum)


My brother-in-law with his present from Ben!


Pippa with her present from Ben!


Emily helping me to open a present!
and then it was into her kitchen diner for our Christmas dinner. Pippa had cooked a mountain of food and it was all delicious. We were completely stuffed after our main course, so had a little rest before starting on the Christmas pudding which I had made - there were also profiteroles for those who didn't like pudding! Emily (my youngest niece) was not incredibly interested in the main course, but ate about ten brussell sprouts! I have never known such a young child like them so much before!


Everyone around the table enjoying Christmas dinner.


Hugh and Pippa setting the Christmas pudding alight - the holly on top then caught fire and caused a little blaze!

We all helped to clear up and then played with Emily and Olivia with their new toys. Just before we left to come back home we had a visit from Father Christmas who was on his way home!

F
Father Christmas handing out the presents.
This has been a tradition for about 17 years now. Hugh (I mean Father Christmas) comes in late afternoon with one small present for each person there. The kids love it and it is a lovely way to finish off the day.

2 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow - it's clear you had such a good time!
Rinda

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day