I have lots of photos from the list which I took whilst on holiday in the Languedoc region of France, so here goes!
2. An ornate door knocker - I spotted this as we were walking around Mirepoix and thought it was perfect!
3. A person walking a dog (or other animal) - again in Mirepoix - Penny spotted this lady and went up to her and stroked this huge dog!
4. People playing a board game or card game - not exactly a board game, but close enough and being played by Hugh and Penny in her room with the fan blowing on them as it was so hot!
5. Architectural columns - these lovely columns were in Mirepoix which is a lovely medieval town.
9. A tent - this is as close as I have got so far! It was at a ruined castle and we sat under it to watch a video in French all about the castle - we understood about 1/10th of it!
12. A public restroom, bathroom, or toilet - I had two of these to choose from and have gone with this one. Hugh and I were exploring a tiny village called Camon and we had walked past this when I suddenly screeched to a halt and ran back to take the photo when I remembered it was on the list!
13. A merry-go-round or carousel - I have to include both here! The real one was in Mirepoix and the beautiful toy one was in the window of a shop in Carcassonne.
14. A traffic signal - this one I have already done, but I found another one which I prefer in Carcassonne. Carcassonne is basically pedestrianized, but there are a few vehicles allowed to drive around and they have to obey the signals - if they can see them!
15. A flag pole with at least three flags on it - this one I am struggling with and this is the closest I have come. Taken through the car windscreen as we were driving back to the villa.
16. A panoramic view, taken while standing someplace high in the air - this is one of my favourite photos of the whole holiday. It was taken in Tarascon on the hill which had the bell tower on it.
17. At least two people wearing matching outfits or uniforms - still really looking for this one, but Penny and I looked pretty similar in these outfits!
18. An overloaded truck, car, bicycle or other vehicle - again taken from the car as we were driving along!
20. A natural body of water - this is Lac Montebel which was about 20 minutes from where we were staying. It was a pretty overcast day, so I have oomphed up the colour using Instagram!
If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for any one item on the list, except for Item #21:
Alternative A: People eating outside - the family having lunch by the pool
Alternative C: A rocking chair - seen on a stall at Mirepoix market.
So, I have very nearly completed the hunt! Only a couple more to find for me - number 10. A college or university; number 20, A photograph of you with a sign reading "2015 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt" and possibly a substitute for numbers 17 and 15. Still got a little while to find them, so I will be keeping my eyes peeled.
Do hop on over to Rinda's blog where everyone is linking up today and drop in on some others to find how they have interpreted the prompts.