Pages

Wednesday 23 June 2010

Another layout !

So, I said that I would share the layouts and mini books I made at the Scrapping Angels Retreat and here is my first one.
The class was with Tracie Hudson and we used beautiful American Crafts products. There was lots of cutting out from the paper, which I always enjoy! The idea was to make an interactive lyaout and the rose on the right hand side is only stuck at the top so that you can lift the leaves up and ....
The photo opens up to display more photos and/or journalling. I did a little bit of journalling, but basically let the photos tell the story. I cut out some more of the roses and placed them around the photos. I am really pleased with the finished effect. Turning the photos of my sister's wedding to black and white made this layout really effective. I thoroughly enjoyed using the sewing machine too, to make the outside border - great fun! (Much better than sewing clothes in my eyes!)


Next time I shall show you the layout I made with MJM. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Sian said...

Oh, wow! I always love a bit of handcutting and this is fantastic. And the sewing round the edge, too. Brilliant :)

scrappyjacky said...

This is gorgeous,Becky....no wonder you're pleased....love all the cut out pieces....and the way you can lift the photo to see more. The b & w photos work perfectly.

Stacy said...

great layout!