Pages

Monday 23 May 2011

Miniature Monday

This was a project I started, but I have to say that I was never entirely happy with it. I had decided to have a go at 1:24 scale, which is really quite a lot smaller than the 1:12 scale I was used to working in. However, I had seen this house which was very like the first house Hugh and I had owned and so I thought it would be great fun to create it. It came ready made, but completely undecorated, inside and out.
Front view
Side view
I spent hours decorating the outside and then decorating the inside and sourcing the furniture for it. Hugh was really good and electrified it for me. However, I did not find it half as much fun as my normal ones as it was really too small a scale for me to make things for it. I had to buy everything to put in it and what I really enjoyed with the modelling was making things myself.


Side view inside
However, I am not one to leave things unfinished, so I did compete this project and it sat on the cupboard in the lounge room for about a year before I decided to sell it on Ebay!
Front view inside
I probably lost money on it, but used it as a learning experience and didn't go down to that scale again!

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

I think it's pretty amazing that you can work in 1:12.....so how you managed this I don't know!!!

Sian said...

I think it's gorgeous! it reminds me of our first married house too.

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

The house is lovely, Becky, and I can only imagine how tedious it was to work on such a small scale. I love it!

alexa said...

What delicate work it must have been! Speaks volumes about your dedication and patience ...

Alison said...

You must REALLY have had the patience of a Saint with this one!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you finished it - it looks great but boy it must have driven you nuts.