Pages

Sunday 10 July 2011

County Show

We were lucky to be in Northumberland at the time of the Northumberland County Show, and even more lucky that it was on our doorstep - only a ten minute drive away! OK, so it actually took us about 40 minutes to get to the car park (a farmer's field) as there was so much traffic, but oh well!

I had been to County shows before, as had Hugh, but we had never been to one together and Penny had never ever been to one, so it was a first for her. We were a little concerned as to how she would be with the crowds, but she coped really well. We are all suckers for farm animals and so thoroughly enjoyed seeing the cows, sheep, horses and especially the alpacas!

Although it wasn't very warm, it didn't rain, so we were able to enjoy our picnic before visiting all the craft tents. It was actually our wedding anniversary the day we went and when I saw a beautiful necklace and earring set Hugh was kind enough to buy it for me as an anniversary present! After spending most of the day there we made our weary way back to the car - unfortunately up a very steep hill!
The layout for our day at the County Show was inspired by Shimelle's sketch of the week for the 6th July.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The layout looks great and I love how you describe the day. We've been to places that are so near but take forever to get to thanks to traffic too. :)

Beverly said...

So glad Penny enjoyed it, looks like a lovely day togther :)

Anonymous said...

I love the collection of patterned papers you chose---they shout country to me. Great layout and it looks like it was a fun day!

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely layout...and I agree with Karen's comment about the country feel.

Alison said...

Your LO DOES have a real country feel to it...looks like a good day ou!
Alison xx

Lisa Echerd said...

Pretty layout. Great use of the sketch.

Anonymous said...

Lovely layout - I really like those butterflies too!

Cheryl M said...

I really like the colors you chose for this layout. I'm a sucker for animals too....used to show horses in 4H when I was a kid. Went to all the county fairs.
Love your layout!