Pages

Monday 18 July 2011

Miniature Monday

So, here is the penultimate room of my dollshouse. We are now up in the attic, where the owner of the shop has her own 'den' and a room for her brother to stay in when he is back from his travels overseas. So, which room am I showing you today? The brother's room and here it is.
So, here is the brother in his meagre room! He doesn't stay very often, and is just pleased to have somewhere to lay his head and store the treasures he has brought back from his exciting adventures overseas. I will let you in on a bit of a secret. The brother was originally the gardener, but when I sold the garden I could not bear to part with him and so kept him and promoted him to brother status!

He was a kit (a present from Hugh) and I had to put him together, wig and beard him and then make his clothes.
Here is one of his trunks, with maps from earlier adventures and a teddy from when he was little. He uses the globe to plan where he is off to next!
The bed has not been made up yet as he has only just arrived home (and also because I love the mattress I made and wanted to show it off!).

Thank you for looking and please join me again next week for the final episode of Miniature Monday.

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh I feel like I'm in the story of their family life. Thank you so much.

Sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison said...

I love that the 'brother' used to be 'the gardener'! You have created such interesting stories around these little people!
Alison xx

Sian said...

Hi Becky, I'm catching up after being away - I think you have made our Uncle Dave's room here! Right down to the beard (tho I haven't been able to get him to do any gardening yet..). This is fantastic. Definitely one of my favourites!