Pages

Saturday 6 August 2011

'Keep' smiling!

A pun on the word 'keep' (for castle) gave me the title for this page! Actually I couldn't think of a title at all, and Hugh came up with it! This layout is based on Shimelle's sketch of the week for this week, which can be seen here.
I raided my stash of stickers and journalling spots and also used some glimmer mist that I had - I don't use it very often and I'm not sure if I like the result very much! It was ok until I decided to do some big spots and then I felt as if it looked messy.

I also used my Sew Easy to make the inner frame. I love the sparkly thread I have used. In Shimelle's layout she painted this frame, but as soon as I saw what she had done I knew that I wanted to sew it rather than paint it.

I'll be back tomorrow for a story in conjunction with Sian's storytelling Sunday. See you then!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh I love your take on the sketch :) sometimes doing something that we don't normally do on a layout takes a while to get used to liking it.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Maria Ontiveros said...

Great use of those circle spots!
rinda

Amy Lynne said...

Nice job with the sketch!! I love seeing everyone's interpretations, and yours is super cute. :)