Pages

Thursday 1 September 2011

Learn Something New Every Day

starts today! I love Shimelle's classes and this is a class that I am now taking for the third time! I prepared my album over the weekend and here it is with my collection of papers, date circles and other bits and pieces all ready to put together over the month of September:
 
And here is the cover in close up:

I used some felt that I found I had in an old kit, along with some lovely lace and then I found a felt flower - I was really pleased with the result, which wasn't what I was planning at all! I was planning on using an old book, but Hugh, trying to be helpful and cut out the pages, managed to cut through the cover and ruin it! Oh dear, he did feel awful! However, I went with this idea and I have chosen yellow, orange and brown card for the pages and lots of autumny (is that a word?) patterned papers to use up inside and am looking forward to seeing what my end result will be!
Inside front cover. I ran out of the letter 'e' and so turned a number '3' upside down! I think I can get away with it! I will share my pages with you regularly, but not on a daily basis - I really don't think I can be that organised!

8 comments:

Alison said...

Love your book! Have blogged my first lesson tonight!
Alison xx

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous cover,Becky.

Sandra said...

I'm not doing this class, but oohhh this is fabulous

Anonymous said...

LOVE the felt cover!

alexa said...

Love your felted and lace cover - and that 3 for an 'e' is genius!

Denise said...

Gorgeous book Becky,I blogged my first day today too!

Sian said...

Becky, I love that felt-y, cosy look for your Autumn album. It's beautiful.

Jo said...

Your book is gorgeous