Pages

Thursday 12 January 2012

One little word

I've never joined in with this before and I am not doing so 'officially' in that I have not bought the class, but I have decided to choose a word to work with over the year, prompted by Rinda and her posts here and here. In a way it is a little bit of a cheat as I know that there are several important dates coming up this year which we will definitley CELEBRATE but I thought I could use this as my word for 2012 and look for the unusual to celebrate as well as the usual.

2012 is a big year in our family. We have several 'noughty' birthdays - a 10, 30, 40, 60, 70 and 90. We have an 18th and 21st birthday to celebrate. And this year Hugh and I celebrate our silver (25th) wedding anniversary one week before my parents celebrate their golden (50th) anniversary.

This evening I am celebrating the fact that I have booked something special for our anniversary, but I cannot tell you what yet as it is a secret from Hugh! He will find out soon enough (well, nearer our anniversary in May!) but I don't want to put it on here yet in case he reads my blog! (You'll have to keep guessing Hugh!) I know that my Mum reads this and so this will get her mad with guessing too, but she will also have to wait, as you will too dear readers! However, I will be doing a scrapbook page about the surprise and I will be sharing it with you later in the year.

Meanwhile I will leave you with a candid photo from our wedding - almost 25 years ago! See the little girl in pink? Our bridesmaid? She will be the one celebrating her 30th birthday this year!
Expect to see a lot more photos this year of our wedding - I love both the candid ones which were taken as well as the official ones - we had a lot taken, we both worked for Kodak, as did my Mum!

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like you'll have a lot of celebrating to do!!

alexa said...

How lovely! Both the word and the photo - such a happy, upbeat post!

Anonymous said...

What a delightful photo; the joy of the day just shines through! And "celebrate" sounds like the perfect word for you.

Sian said...

Definitely the right word for you this year! I hope you have a fabulous year long party planned?!

We get to do 18 and 21 and 50 all in one year, but not the Silver as well

Maria Ontiveros said...

Thanks for the shout out, and what a great word you've chosen! I love the picture from your wedding - such happiness.
Rinda

Gail said...

Great picture and you have definitely picked the perfect word for your year.