Pages

Sunday 19 February 2012

Using up some stash!

Last weekend I dug deep and came out with some papers I've had for ages! I decided to use some of them up before my next kit arrived and also before the winter CHA papers hit the stores over here!
I love these photos! Hugh and Del (brother-in-law) couldn't put this doll down! It started crying and the only way to stop it is to go through the sequence of medicine, taking its temperature, giving it milk and then it stops! However, they kept getting it wrong and it kept crying!
I had some embellishments similar to this in a kit and thought they were a great idea, so dug into the drawers and made my own. I have to say I am pleased with them and will definitely be making more.
This photo was taken the same day as the one above - back in December for Olivia and Henry's joint party. Here Olivia is wearing the pink headphones and I-pod shuffle we gave her for her birthday. The big flower was cut from some patterned paper and the journalling spot was one I made when playing around with my big shot and the stamps/dies I got for Christmas from Hugh.
The last layout was also the same weekend and shows Henry with his birthday present from Del and Pippa - his Mini. The title is nabbed from the adverts which were shown on tv and at the cinema a couple of years ago.

I was really chuffed to use up papers which have been languishing in the box for ages!

So, what have you been up to this weekend? Yesterday, after taking Penny to work, Hugh and I cleaned the house and then did a bit of light shopping. I then spent the afternoon making a mini book - well starting too anyway. I had seen one in the new issue of Scrap365 using money envelopes and so I cut some out using the Cricut and also some tags. I have made a good start and again, am using up stash!

Today we went to Hemel to see Mum and Dad as we hadn't seen them for a few weeks. Penny made a wonderful Victoria sandwich and we had two slices each during the afternoon, whilst we chatted away. It was a very nice, relaxing afternoon.

Back to work tomorrow and back to the healthy living. I really need to drop a few pounds before the spring comes! I have definitely been eating too much of the wrong things since Christmas!

7 comments:

Clare said...

I love that feeling of using up papers that have been hanging around for a while! What a great selection of layouts, lie ally like that they are all so different.

scrappyjacky said...

It's great to use up old stash...I'm getting itchy to buy some new 12 x 12 papers as it is so long since I bought any and am trying to use old ones.
Lovely pages.

Sandra said...

Such lovely layouts and such a nice feeling using up older papers, which are still gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

Another great collection of pages. I used some embellishments for a page yesterday that have to be 6-7 years old. I'm glad I've kept them though as they worked out perfectly. Today I was looking for some old Cosmo Cricket papers I used to have, but I'm quite sure I gave them away.

Melissa said...

These are all nice layouts. I really like the button embellishments you created & those fun photos of the guys with the doll.

Sian said...

I'm getting itchy to buy some new stuff too. Oh, who am I kidding - I might as well own up to the fact I've already bought some!!

Alison said...

Love the pics and story about the doll....great LOs Becky...I'm trying to use up my older stash too!
Alison xx