Pages

Saturday 26 May 2012

Follow up from Story Telling Sunday

In this month's Story Telling Sunday I shared a photograph of me and Pippa showing off our gymkhana rosettes. A couple of people asked if I still had the rosette and so I dug out my 'baby box' as we call it (a large chocolate box my Mum was given when I was born - she ate the chocolates and then collected bits and pieces from when I was little in it and gave it to me when I got married) and there it was - my rosette! It was a bit crumpled, but after a gentle press with a steam iron I was able to produce this layout...
I based this on a sketch, but once again, I have mislaid the note I made of which sketch! I think I need to start sticking the note onto the back of the layout and then I will know where it is! I was really pleased with how this worked out and especially like the paisley paper, perfect for the 1970's.

7 comments:

Jo.C said...

That is so much better than it being in a box. Lovely LO and what a great idea by your Mum.

Alison said...

Perfect paper indeed Becky..so glad you found the rosette!
Alison xx

Sian said...

It's absolutely perfect! and now you have me hoping that there might be a few more stories in that box..

Maria Ontiveros said...

Oh wow - for some reason this makes me tear up a bit. It's so sweet!
Rinda

Karen said...

Ah, I remember paisley, and the 1970's too! Great layout.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful layout Becky and the colours are just perfect!

Lou said...

perfect paper and a perfect page. How lovely to have found the rosette x