Pages

Sunday 21 October 2012

What a week!

When I posted last weekend I had been suffering from a migraine for two days. Normally they end at the end of the third day, however, this month it went on.... and on.... and on. When I had been suffering for 7 days I did go and see the doctor (I had been off work for one day and sent home on another as I was so ill). When he suggested I take paracetemol I nearly thumped him! I have been told it is my age and I am just going to have to live with it. Prescribed medication does not seem to work, the neurologist I saw was not at all helpful, so I have decided to go down the alternative health route now. I will let you know how I get on. Thankfully I feel better today, and more up to getting on with life!

So, I thought I ought to show you a couple of the layouts I have managed to get done over the past couple of weeks (none of course whilst I had the migraine as I couldn't concentrate on anything!).
This is the last page for my San Francisco layouts - you would never have guessed would you!

I had fun making these hearts using some seed beads that I found in my stash.

An embellishment cluster, using advice from Shimelle's Glitter Girl video

I cut out all the hearts using my Cricut.

I then moved on to our first day of travelling in the car. I used a map from our travel agent and also some of the road atlas as a mount for the photos.
The California sticker looks as if it is lifting in this photo, but in real life it is fine!

I am hoping to catch up with everyone's blogs this week - I just wasn't really up to reading anything last week! Also starting Shimelle's new class tomorrow. Don't know if I will have time to keep up with it, but that is the nice thing with her classes, if you don't have the time you can just do it at your own pace.

Hope you all have a good week :)

6 comments:

alexa said...

These pages bookend your holiday album so nicely. You are already so good at combining patterned papers that I am not sure Shimelle's class will have much to teach you! So sorry to learn about the migraines. You've probably had lots of advice - I have known someone who found the dietary advice on Mark's Daily Apple very helpful.

Sian said...

I think I would have cried if he'd said paracetamol to me. All that shows is he isn't the right person to help. And it is definitely worth persevering. Honestly. I was sent round so many hospital depts last year - ENT, Immnunology..you name it because they had all sorts of theories about where my pain was coming from. And it took a new GP I saw by luck to get it sorted for me. What have you tried?

Jo said...

Great layouts. I hope you manage to find something to cure your headaches, I suffer with them and know how much they affect your day to day living.

Alison said...

Glad you're feeling better Becky...and I love your LOs...like your 'seeded' stars!
Alison xx

Missus Wookie said...

I found some of those needs the other day, joys of old stash :-) So sorry about the migraines :-(

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are finally feeling better. It seems to havebeen a rough time for migraines lately -I had 4 in 7 days last week. What works for us most of the time is Imitrix nasal, don't know if that is over there or not. The layouts look great!