Pages

Saturday 29 December 2012

Christmas Day Round Up

Having to go back to work the day after Boxing Day was not very pleasant! However, it is now the weekend again and I have got time to relax and do some blogging (and scrapping!). Christmas Day was really nice and relaxing.
We were late getting up and opened our stocking presents all sitting on our bed, which was lovely. We weren't going to do stockings for the children this year as they are now young adults, but there was a revolt, so we gave in! Just as well we did as they did a stocking each for me and Hugh! There were only silly presents in the stockings, but they gave us all a laugh and a good start to the day. After breakfast we went into the lounge to open our main presents.
My main present was a Cricut Gypsy which I had found nearly new on UKScrappers! I haven't had time to play with it yet, but am hoping to do so this weekend.
Whilst the dinner was cooking Hugh enjoyed a glass of sherry - the only time of the year he drinks it!
 I was on lemonade as I had a migraine - amazing how a bit of makeup can make you look human again!
 I really like this photo of me and Ben - still can't get over quite how tall he is!


 Enjoying our Christmas dinner. All went well with the cooking and I didn't leave anything in the fridge uncooked, or in the oven to roast away to nothing!
Hugh wore his new Christmas jumper for the annual lighting of the Christmas pudding with a slug of brandy!
Then it was over to Hemel, through the floods, to see my sister and her family and my Mum and Dad.
The girls were very excited to see us and for me to play with their new toys with them!
Penny liked her new notebook so much she wore it on her head lol!
My Mum with Ben, her oldest grandson. This is such a lovely photo of the two of them.
My Dad, wearing his new Christmas hat, with my nephew. They were really messing about together - lovely to see them having such fun. There are no photos of my sister as she was not very well and so we were kind and didn't take many photos, just a couple to show she was around, but I would not put them on here, not fair! She is making a slow recovery from a very bad bout of sinusitus.

We arrived back home at 7pm, tired, full of food, but very happy. It was a lovely day.





9 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

It looks like a lovely day,Becky. Our girls revolted at the suggestion of no stockings as well!!!!

Missus Wookie said...

Gorgeous family photos - well done to get so many family together shots, didn't manage that at all this year. Enjoy your Cricut - there is a Cricut magazine you can buy online or in person, plus lots of ideas on blogs.

Our two complained at the no stockings idea - mind you everyone gets a stocking here including my parents :)

Beverly said...

I love these, Becky and you did a super job of not showing you had a migraine. Lovely photos of you. Love the boys with grandparent shots. I am a bit surprised and disappointed by how few pics I have from our actual Christmas day :<

Alison said...

Lovely pics of what looks like a lovely day....we all have stockings on Christmas morning too!
Alison xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

Looks like fun! We have one more full week off, but I need to use it to prepare for the new term.
Rinda

Karen said...

What wonderful family photos! We're still doing stockings when our kids come home, and they don't even qualify as "young" adults any more. Tracy and I do a stocking for one another as well---it's always the biggest challenge of the season.

gillyb's crafting blog said...

I WANT that jumper ! Lovely photo's looks really happy family christmas

alexa said...

You've clearly had a lovely family time - this comes with very best wishes for the new year too.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great day. Hope that migraine didn't stick around long.