Pages

Thursday 3 January 2013

A happy new year and some more pages

A happy new year to you all! I hope that you had a great celebration. We were fairly quiet - just the four of us at home. We did have fun though, playing Mario Party and Mario Kart on the Wii before watching the countdown on television. We have never been ones for partying on New Year's Eve and so didn't change the habits of a life time! However, we enjoyed ourselves and we were all together, which is the important thing.

With having to work between Christmas and New Year I haven't had much time to scrap, apart from doing my December journal. I have now finished it, but here are days 11 to 17 for the time being as I still have to photograph the remainder!.
A lovely poinsettia bought by Penny and her friends as a thank you to me and Hugh

Me with Brenda and Yvonne at the work's Christmas party

Penny's Christmas decorations in her flat

Penny returned from uni for the holidays and tried on her new top!

A family Christmas meal after a visit to the family in Cornwall - there is hidden journalling on a tag  behind the photo

Breakfast together in the hotel and Penny making a happy face with her food!

Hugh after his minor operation
So, only another 14 pages to photograph and post! I am taking a long hard look this year at how long I am spending on my computer - too much time I think. I am thinking of posting only once a week on my blog and limiting myself to one day a week of catching up on blog posts too. I really want to devote myself to creating more pages and cooking and spending more time with Hugh (and Penny when she is home) and giving myself time to go out and 'do' things. So, although I have really enjoyed posting so frequently please only look out for about one post a week from now on! I hope you will continue to read and if there is something special to post about I will always find the time for an extra post!

6 comments:

Alison said...

I love your journal Becky...and can understand the trying to spend less time on the computer...look forward to catching up with you once a week!
Alison xx

Karen said...

I can also relate to the need to spend less time on the computer. Your journal is coming along nicely. I finished mine last night, but didn't attempt to do a daily page.

Beverly said...

Love that Penny creates faces :) I'll be looking for you to pop once a week!

alexa said...

I am in awe of the way you've managed to produce so many pages already ... and it will be lovely to read your posts just as often as you can do them. Hoping you find the right balance for you in 2013 :).

Missus Wookie said...

Finding the right balance is always hard. Congratulations on doing so many pages - I managed one!

Enjoy your family time together :)

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to spending less time on the computer. I think once I'm caught up the time will be cut back - the problem is the catching up. :)
I'm really enjoying looking at your journal pages. That was nice that you were all home for the holidays.