Pages

Saturday 16 March 2013

My awesome son!

Well, that is what he said when he phoned and I said that I was doing a layout about him - 'oh, you mean your awesome son!'. So I couldn't use any other title really!


I used the remaining parts of the WearCrafts February kit and followed the instructions to make the circle frame. I then went away from the instructions completely and did my own thing!

 I had been saying to Penny recently that I didn't make much use of my ribbon stash and so when I was part way through this Penny said - 'why not use some of your ribbon?'. It was a good reminder and so some got used!
There was lots of fussy cutting again with this layout and lots of layering too. The photo was taken on Ben's birthday last year and he is opening his present from us - a daylight alarm clock!

Today I am going to Penny's to stay the night as we have tickets to see the Hairy Bikers live tour in Folkestone at the Leas Cliff Pavilion. It should be a good night! On Sunday Ben is running the Reading Half Marathon. The weather forecast isn't great, so I hope he does ok. He is hoping to break his time from last year. He is running for Prostate Cancer as his Grandad has it. We are very proud! No doubt some photos to follow! Hope you all have a good weekend.

6 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

A great combination of embellishments . . . hard and soft together.
Rinda

Alison said...

I love the colour combo!
Alison xx

Melissa said...

Well, of course, that just had to be the title! Looks great.

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

Looks great, Becky! Will post on my blog too this week. I have already popped it on Facebook. Fab to see it scrolling on ukscrappers too. Jenx

Sian said...

Hehe! This made me smile because there is a certain son round here who believes he is Captain Awesome. Have you seen the ad for "Suits" which says "your education in awesome continues".or something like that..

Missus Wookie said...

Awesome son and LO ;) I like the fussy cutting and yeah for Penny reminding you about the ribbon, isn't it funny how we have to be reminded about this stuff?

Good luck for the marathon and hope the Hairy Bikers are fun to watch :)