Pages

Saturday 20 April 2013

Simply a moment - April

I sit, my knees trembling after the long climb followed by crossing the narrow bridge.

It is so quiet, I can hear no traffic, just the gentle hum of Hugh and Penny chatting and the songs of the birds. The sky is a brilliant blue with some fluffy white clouds and the sun is shining brightly - so nice after so many grey days. The spot I am sitting in is sheltered and the sun warms me. I can see for miles and the birds are circling above. One swoops down, followed by another. I move to see where they have landed - they are on a ledge and one seems to have something in its beak. I grab my camera from around my neck - it has a telephoto lens and I quickly focus it on the bird - it is a mouse in its beak! I can't see the nest, but the bird moves to the back of the ledge so there must be one just out of sight. I got my photo though before it disappeared - another photo to add to my collection from this holiday.


This is linking up with Alexa's Simply a Moment meme for April. A little late, but we only returned from a wonderful holiday today! I will be catching up with blog posts and other Simply a Moments over the next few days and hoping to share a lot more photos with you of our wonderful trip to Shropshire.

9 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Thanks for bringing us to that spot with you - I could feel the sun and breeze and hear the birds. What a great photo.
rinda

Missus Wookie said...

What a cool shot to have caught - glad you had a wonderful holiday.

Unknown said...

wow! you climbed that?? incredible (well, at least for me)
xx
cris
lalchimisteartisane.blogspot.com

Lou said...

wow I'm impressed...there is no way on earth I could cross that bridge. A lovely moment captured.

alexa said...

How wonderful that you stopped for breath and that your moment of taking in what was around you enabled you to catch such a memorable event and great photo! Glad you had such a good time, and looking forward to reading more. Thank-you so much for linking up this month ... :).

Alison said...

There is NO way on this earth you would have got me across that bridge...I am VERY impressed!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

I am totally with Alison - there is just no way! Awesome! Once I got past the picture of the bridge and started reading, I could feel the sun and hear the birds. Sounds like found the perfect spot to rest.

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh! You crossed that? Wow I'm so impressed.

Jo said...

A wonderful moment and a great photo :)