Pages

Thursday 4 July 2013

Some More Scavenger Hunt Finds

Last Sunday Penny and I took Hugh to Paper Mill Lock where she and I had been the week before. It is such a lovely place for a walk and this time the weather was even better - in fact it was boiling hot and sunny!

I didn't think that I would get any photos for the Scavenger Hunt as we had done the walk before and I had already posted those which I had found. However,  fortunately I took my camera as this time there was a fishing competition on and there were fishermen sitting about every 40 feet along the path! I was a little dubious about taking a photo without asking, but then we suddenly came upon a friend of ours! Before I could even ask him Penny had jumped in and asked if we could take his photo for the Scavenger Hunt and he kindly obliged - thanks Andy!
So, that is number 19 off the list!

Later that evening I was pottering around in the utility room and came into the kitchen to find ...
number 9? Something where it shouldn't be?!! Hugh is so ridiculous! He didn't pose for the photo, he had just got up on there to be silly because the kitchen was being pulled out! I'm not sure I'll use this one, but I had to share it. I'm sure Hugh won't mind - well he shouldn't have given me the opportunity - he knows what I am like!

10 comments:

alexa said...

It's be a shame if H couldn;t see his way to letting you stroke another one off the list! Great serendipity with the fishing :). Nice to see a close up of a fisherman - I suspect many of us will have back views!

Sian said...

Good finds! I have a feeling finding a fisherman round here is going to be a challenge. Though a bloke stretched out before me on the kitchen bench..that's unlikely too lol!

Missus Wookie said...

Two great finds - with both subjects grinning happily too :)

Abi said...

Your finds made me smile! I am thinking of taking myself on a walk to find my next ones!

Jen said...

Two really great photos - love the one on the bench. J x

Melissa said...

What a lucky find with the fisherman! We took a walk around a small pone this morning & saw a couple of young kids fishing with their day but they didn't have their poles in the water & I wasn't comfortable snapping a photo of them looking my way. Then the other fisherman had his rod on the ground so I didn't take a photo because you couldn't really see it. Still have that item on my list to find! Love the photo of Hugh!

Karen said...

More good finds. I have to get out for a specific scavenger hunt walk, though I know I'll get a couple off the list this week in Canada.

Anonymous said...

Now that's a couple of good finds! I keep meaning to put the list in my bag so that I can refer to it when I'm/we're out. Your mentioning the fishing competition reminded me there's one around here but I think it's in September. I think I'll just have to go for a couple of walks down by the harbours in town.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Hugh looks great. And good job on finding a fisherman. I went down to the fishing docks yesterday, but it was too late to find any of the real fisherman. I found some kids, but I hope to go back another morning earlier to get the men coming off their boats.
Rinda

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Haha - that's classic with Hugh lounging on the kitchen countertop. Made me smile today...