Pages

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Weekly Walking - 20th January

Well, not exactly the 20th as I am one day late with this post, but close enough!
I am finding that knowing that I am going to post this on my blog is really keeping me on track. I have been out at lunchtime, in the evening, in the rain, in sunshine and in fog! Just for that short space of time though doesn't seem to bother me and the added bonus is that in the three weeks that I have been doing this I have lost 3lbs! I wasn't really doing it for the weight loss, more for my wellbeing and happiness, but I'm not going to moan about losing weight!

So I am well into the next week of walking already - I am determined to keep this going - even though I have various stressful things going on in my life right now. Walking is helping.

9 comments:

Melissa said...

Way to Go Becky - sending out a big YIPPEE for you from Texas! I got out for a walk yesterday - it was beautiful weather & I needed a change from the stationary bike.

alexa said...

I really admire you for keeping you going! You are an inspiration - I will take a leaf out of your book :).

Ruth said...

Well done! It can be so tricky to stay determined when the weather is so bad!

Missus Wookie said...

Well done! Just got back from my evening walk with Wookie, finally both feel well enough. Health and wellbeing is why we do it - which is good 'cause it doesn't seem to melt weight off me at the moment.

Hope your stresses smooth out.

Karen said...

Good for you! We've been chalking up the miles as well. Outside for awhile, but this week in the gym on the treadmill. I wish the pounds were dropping off here!

Sian said...

Cheering you on! (and hoping the weather improves soon, for added enjoyment)

Sandra said...

I really need to get my act together in fitness, you're a very good motivator. Can I ask, what if any, app you're using?

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

It's great that you've found a system that works for you, Becky. And walking will be great for dealing with stress. That, and some deep breathing! Hang in there! xo

Anonymous said...

Good going Becky! Congrats on keeping up with it.