Pages

Saturday 15 February 2014

At last a layout!

It has been a rackety old week this week. Hugh was at home on Monday, then on Tuesday he went down to Reading to stay the night with Ben so that he could take him to hospital on Wednesday as he was having an operation on his shoulder. Wednesday evening saw me driving to Reading and taking over from Hugh to look after Ben and I stayed in Reading until Friday afternoon. Meanwhile, Hugh has been in Oxford on business and then gone down to Cornwall to visit his parents as neither has been very well and his Mum is currently in hospital. This has left me on my own this weekend, so once I had done all the cleaning and catching up with jobs, I managed to find some time to do some scrapbooking for the first time in a while.

I was inspired by SJCrafts blog to use their February sketch. To make it even better, I received the January and February kits from Sarah in the post today!

I added a couple of bits from my own stash, but I loved the papers in this kit - perfect for my photo.
I also managed to finish a layout which has been sitting on my desk. This one is inspired by Shimelle's latest class.
I managed to use up several papers I had left over from making my California album, which made me very happy! Ben won't be running the Reading Half Marathon this year as he will still be recovering from his shoulder operation. Here he is sporting his sling.
He is doing quite well, although still in quite a bit of pain. He will be off work for a week and then can start to drive again. No exercise for 3 months though, which will be very difficult for him! He will be able to start doing lower body exercises after 4-6 weeks, but no weight lifting for quite a while!

9 comments:

alexa said...

What a week you have all had :(. Hoping that Ben and Hugh's mum are recovering well now ... and that scrapping was a nice antidote to the week! Those soft turquoises and krafty colours look so good together.

Sian said...

Gosh, I hope everyone is recovering well and that a bit of scrapbooking has given you some time to relax and rejuvenate.You are having quite a time of it and I'm sure we'll all be thinking about you and yours and wishing you all the best

scrappyjacky said...

Sorry to hear of all the medical problems. Great use of your new kits thought.

Annie Claxton said...

Lovely pages Becky, great twist on Jennifer's sketch and I'm fascinated by that cosy-looking holiday "shed"! Glad you managed to make time to play with us at SJ Crafts and I hope life quietens down a bit for you now - scrappin is definitely good for the soul! :o)

Karen said...

What a week you've had. I hope Hugh's parents are doing better, and the time passes quickly for Ben. Love the layouts; especially the first one.

Jimjams said...

Glad you had some time to play with your scrappy supplies - love your take on the sketch - and a brilliant title!

Missus Wookie said...

Glad you had time to play - I like the collage of photos on the first page.

Sarah said...

Yay!!! kit and sketch ... a definate win!! Love both pages and thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge .... hope everyone is now on the mend! xx

Jennifer Grace said...

Wow it sounds like your week was a bit all over the place, I hope it's settled down now! Your take on the sketch is fabulous, I love the photo collage you used. Thanks for joining in! x