Pages

Wednesday 19 February 2014

Weekly walking - 17th Feb and Inspired by Shimelle's class

So a quick update on the walking.
I actually did a couple more than are listed here because I went out with Ben into Reading to give him some exercise but forgot to put on Map My Walk! However, I know that I did it and I am back into the swing of regular walking again.

As promised, here are a couple of layouts I created recently following Shimelle's class, 'Return to the Collection'. In video three Shimelle suggested creating an embellishment first to use on the layout, which I did. I am using the same collection as her, but used different papers from it to create this layout.
And here is the embellishment in more detail. The frame wasn't in the collection, but from my stash, as were some of the other embellishments on it.

This layout was using the Glitz Wild and Free collection again, but not using suggestions from the above class, but from one of Shimelle's sketches, although for the life of me I can't remember which one!

This collection is not really my style and I have now used the papers I find easy and the ones I am left with I am struggling with. I shall try to use them up, even if I use them as base papers!
Ben is recovering well from his operation and has a friend from school staying with him this week for company which is nice. Hugh's Mum is still poorly and in hospital and we are very worried about her. Added to this, my Mum now has shingles and is very poorly too, so please keep both of them in your prayers. Thank you.

5 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Sorry to hear that the two Mums aren't well, hope they improve soon. Glad that Ben is feeling better and has someone staying with him.

Karen said...

I absolutely love the background paper on the first layout and your embellishment frame is lovely. Glad to hear Ben is doing well. I'll keep both your moms in my prayers.

Melissa said...

I've said a prayer for your moms!

Great job on the layouts and especially for keeping up with the walking! I met with a personal trainer this week to get some exercise tips and a little motivation to exercise more!

Beverly said...

Good job on the layouts, glad Ben is healing, adding your mums to my prayer list.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Good job on your walking!
Exercise makes such a difference in how I feel.
Rinda