Pages

Sunday 8 June 2014

More from the blog event

As promised, here is the second layout I created today in response to another of Jennifer's posts. This one was inspired by her challenge 'Can you Resist it?!'

Oh my! I just LOVED doing this layout! I have never made a resist background before and I had such fun making this one! The paper is still a little curled in this photo as I wanted to get it photographed and blogged!

I used two different Amy Tangerine stamps, stamped with clear embossing powder, set it and then gave it a wash with some watercolour paints I bought years ago from 'The Works'. The paints are actually shimmery, so the effect in sunshine is lovely!
This is definitely a technique I will be using again. When I showed the paper to Hugh before sticking everything down he thought I had bought it!
I cut the title with my Cricut and I have to say that this is one of my favourite layouts this year! Do hop on over to Jennifer's blog to see how she created her layout and have a go yourself! It's great fun!


8 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

GReat job on the resist. I love the camera image.
Rinda

Missus Wookie said...

Oh that background looks lovely.

Sian said...

I've never made a resist layout either. It looks seriously good!

Sian said...

ps - I spotted the link to Penny's blog and jumped over for a (very enjoyable) read. But I couldn't see where to leave her a comment, so please do let her know I'm so glad she has taken the plunge

Melissa said...

Way to go trying something new - this turned our perfect!!

Jennifer Grace said...

Becky this looks awesome! I love the mix of cameras and clouds. And I like how there are clouds in the background and the foreground, it gives the page so much depth. Thank you for joining in the challenge at Jennifer Grace Creates! x

Susanne said...

Another great page she prompted you to do. I'm sorry I missed her event.

Anonymous said...

The layout looks great Becky and I love how the paper turned out.