Pages

Monday 8 February 2016

Monday Memorandum

So this weekend I travelled up to Harley Street with Hugh to learn if a procedure I had read about online might be suitable for my migraines.

I had done a 'migraine compass', completed a very thorough questionnaire and then had a half hour consultation with the most charming and confidence inspiring doctor I think I have ever met. 

It appears that I may be suitable for an operation to remove a small section of the corrugator muscle which brings relief to the trigeminal nerve. In order to test the theory (and save myself from having unnecessary surgery) I was today injected with Botox into the corrugator muscle. I've now got to wait for a month to see if I have 75% or more improvement in my symptoms. If I do then I then have to make the decision if I want to go ahead with the surgery. If it works I think I will as it will improve my life considerably. 
Slight bruising above the right eyebrow where the injection went in

So please keep your fingers crossed for me!

And did you know that Botox doesn't actually start to work for 5 days once it has been injected? I learned a whole load of interesting information this weekend!

Oh yes, and after the consultation Hugh and I had a lovely Italian meal.
I am joining in with Sian and her Memorandum Monday - do hop on over to her blog to see what she has learned this weekend and also find the links to others.

10 comments:

Karen said...

I'll definitely be keeping my fingers crossed! I've never had a migrane (thankfully) but have helped a friend several times when one struck her while we were out and about. They are really debilitating.

Melissa said...

It does sound like you've learned some interesting tidbits as you research this option. I'll be praying that you'll know the right decision AND that you have lots of relief from those pesky migraines!

Maria Ontiveros said...

What an interesting post.
Fingers crossed.
Rinda

Sian said...

Oh, I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed for you! I know the difference it made to my life when I found medication that worked, so I'm hoping very hard for you..

Have a good (wrinkle free now you are all botoxed lol) week!

Jo said...

I really do have my fingers crossed for you and I shall follow your progress with interest, I get a 3 day cluster headache every 3 weeks and it hurts to the point that I want to gouge my eye out! Don't forget to let us know how you get on x

alexa said...

What interesting information and such lovely photos of you both - you are positively glowing! Hoping it's a great success and brings much-needed relief.

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, I know what a life change it is when you find something that works for them

Beverly said...

Really hoping this works for you. The Chosen One had found the right meds after many years but he seems to be having them frequently this winter. I generally only have 2-3 a year.

Alison said...

Just catching up Becky.....one of my friends here has a daughter on whom the Botox treatment has really helped her migraines.....hope you have the same success xx

Missus Wookie said...

Hoping it helps and you are able to get improve your suffering. I was so grateful that mine disappeared after pregnancy.