Pages

Saturday 11 March 2017

Why a return to blogging?

When I gave up my blog my life was in a bit of turmoil and I really didn’t feel the love for the blog anymore. It was becoming a trial to do it and yet I felt compelled to post something even when I didn’t really feel that I had anything to post. In short I had lost interest. Although I was happy at work, sitting at a desk all day typing letters meant that when I got home or at the weekend the last thing I wanted to do was sit at the computer and type yet more words.  I was still really recovering from my surgery (which actually took a lot longer to recover from than I had anticipated) and just didn’t have the energy. Penny was struggling with her depression and anxiety. Hugh wasn’t happy in his work and then his Mum got sick and sadly passed away in September. This all added up to that ‘I can’t really be bothered with it’ feeling.
So, why am I restarting it now? Well, I was invited to attend the Bloggers weekend in September by the lovely Alison and when I accepted it made me feel a bit sad to think that I no longer blogged. Could I start it up again? Had I got the energy and inclination?
Well, what really then turned things around was that I applied to reduce my hours at work and from the beginning of April I will no longer be working on a Friday and Penny suggested to me that I could use some of my Friday to write my blog! What a great idea! I am now quite excited to start blogging again. I blogged not only to share my scrapbooking etc but also as a record for me of my life - I used to keep a diary but no longer do that. OK, I have got my scrapbooks, but I did enjoy blogging in the past.  
So, from the beginning of April I will be regularly posting – initially once a week on a Saturday. 

This will be called Spotlight Saturday so I will write the post on a Friday to publish on a Saturday. I will be focussing on what I have been up to over the past week; this may include my scrapbooking, what I’ve been up to around the home, any holidays I may have been on or days out I have had or just what has been going on in my life.

I do hope that you will rejoin me and to kick off I will be doing a recap post very shortly on my 15 in 50 from last year. These were the 15 activities I wanted to complete during the year I turned 50. I did manage to do 15 activities and I will let you know (briefly!) how they all went. So please join me for that and then on Saturday 1st April and every Friday thereafter for Spotlight Saturday!

And oh yes, Penny is in a much better place now (actually really flourishing at the moment) and Hugh was offered and accepted a new job last week so things are on the up!

7 comments:

Lizzie said...

Blogging can become a chore, rather than a pleasure, which is sad. I'm glad you have found your way back to your blog. I'll try to follow your posts.
I've been thinking about restarting my own blog - you've given me a bit of a push now. I'll think about a regular meme, as that would give me a structure for a restart and be less pressure than " I have to blog regularly but I don't know what to write about!"

Enjoy your new Fridays and the blog posts!

Karen said...

Welcome back! Glad to see you, and glad to hear things are looking up for everyone there.

Ruth said...

Welcome back! And I'm another who is pleased that things seem to be on the up for you just now.
I'm also looking forward to seeing you at the Bloggers' Weekend in September. :)

Jo said...

I'm glad that things are on the up for everyone and I'm really pleased that you'll be blogging again x

alexa said...

So nice to see you again - I kept you in my reader, just in case :). Great to hear that things are feeling more positive now, and I look forward very much to seeing you in September!

Susanne said...

Welcome back, so glad to hear things on the upswing.

Gail Thompson said...

So nice seeing you back blogging again Looking forward to those Saturday updates. Glad to hear things are improving for you all. I've started back blogging to. It had been awfully hit and miss the past few months or should I say couple of years but I'm back at it - mind you I've only done 3 posts. :)