Pages

Saturday 9 September 2017

Spotlight Saturday - Bloggers' Weekend

Back in February I was thrilled to receive an email from Alison asking me if I would like to join her and other bloggers for a weekend away in Cirencester scrapping. Of course I said yes!

So last Friday I packed up the car with page kits and bags of other scrapping goodies plus an overnight bag and set off for the Royal Agricultural University in Cirencester to join a group of lovely ladies some of whom I had met before, some whom I knew just through their blogs and others I had never met either online or in real life! I had a blast!
My first stop was actually at the station where I picked up 3 ladies who had come by train, Jacky (who I had met in London at the meet up with Deb), Kirsty and Mrs Wookie, neither of whom I had met, but I recognised them immediately!

Arriving at the university we unloaded all our goodies and took them up to the room. Jemma (our wonderful organiser) arrived shortly afterwards and we were soon helping to organise the room ready for 20 scrapbookers to have plenty of space to work!
Most people had arrived by 4pm and we all settled down to start crafting. Dinner was at 6.30pm and this was a great time to chat and properly meet everyone. After dinner it was back up to the room where we crafted away for hours! I gave in at 10.30pm and went to bed!

Rising early Saturday morning I had time for a walk before breakfast and time to take some photos of the lovely grounds we were staying in.



After a delicious breakfast (I'm dreading the scales at Slimming World today!) we all met back up in our crafting room and spent the day crafting, chatting, laughing, eating cakes (thanks Karen!) and sweeets and getting to know people who were new to us.
Jemma had organised some challenges for the weekend which were great fun - more about them next weekend.

Here is my table of lovely ladies, Karen, Kirsty, Liz, Kay and Tracey. I had only met Karen before but soon felt as if I had known all the ladies for a long time! We got a lot of crafting done, but had SO many laughs!
It was so nice to spend some time with Ruth and have a good chat and a catch up and the same with Alison. And it was great to meet Alexa at last - such a lovely lady. I have been reading Mrs Wookie's blog for years and it was fun to finally meet her irl too!

We scrapped until late again on Saturday - I went to bed a bit earlier as I was SO tired! Sunday dawned rainy, so I had a quick walk before breakfast and then returned to scrapping. We had to be out of the room by 3pm so at about 2pm we all started to tidy away our stash and help Jemma clear the room.

I had such a FUN weekend. I got a lot of scrapbooking done too! I'll share that next week though!


5 comments:

alexa said...

Your super photos are bringing it all back! Wasn't it great? Such a happy time ... And I was very appreciative of the lift you so kindly gave me to the station on the way home. I think you were the Scrapper with the Mostest :).

Kathyk said...

I was only there on the Saturday but it was my 4th year, good to meet so many scrapbookers. Lovely pix too, so glad you enjoyed the weekend .. one year I'm coming for the entire weekend!

Kathyk

Jimjams said...

Great post - so glad that you enjoyed it - we enjoyed your company!

Ruth said...

It was such a great weekend, wasn't it?! I was so happy to have the opportunity for a proper chat ... and admire all your lovely pages IRL.

Jo said...

It looks and sounds like you had an amazing time, I can't wait to see what you created x