Pages

Saturday 23 September 2017

Spotlight Saturday - My Week

This week has been a bit stressful, but we had some fun times too.

Saturday ...
Penny found some jeans from her 'before healthy eating/exercising' and was thrilled to see how much weight she had lost (and continues to lose!).

Sunday ...
Hugh and I were relaxing doing our crafting when I realised how lovely and sunny it was outside so we went for a walk in the park.

Monday ...
Penny and I try to go for a 30 minute walk every day when I get in from work. It was raining but it didn't stop us! We just used a brolly and wrapped up warm (it was so cold too!).

Tuesday ...
Ben is working in Cambrdige and living in temporary accommodation so he tried commuting back to Wickford to see if it would be possible for him to do that until he and Amy sell their house. So I got to spend an evening with him which was lovely!

Wednesday ...
Penny had a job rejection this week and her depression kicked in. To make herself feel better she bought ME some crafty goodness from the £1 shop!

Thursday ...
I caught up on some reading. I have nearly finished this book. It is missing the corner but I got it for £1 in Waterstones sale so I am not complaining! Only about 75 pages to go now - didn't want to put it down and go to sleep!

Friday ...

Penny got her MA results last week - she got a distinction! We are so proud of her. We wanted to take her out for a meal to celebrate but unfortunately I was poorly last week, so it got postponed to this week! We took some photos in the garden before we went to our favourite Chinese buffet and had a wonderful meal.

So that was my week! Hope that yours was a good one and that you have a relaxing weekend. I am off to see my parents - taking books and chutney - and looking forward to spending some time with them. See you next week!

5 comments:

Jimjams said...

What a lovely week you've had - congratulations to Penny for a well deserved result!

alexa said...

Well done to Penny! She deserves to smile :). Job-hunting can be a dispiriting process, so I hope she can hang on in there - and you are all so supportive, so that's a plus. You and Ben really look alike! How lovely to have an unexpected evening with him. (I miss mine a lot.) I was intrigued to read about 'our' crafting - what does Hugh do?

Karen Moss said...

Huge congratulations to Penny both on the MA and on her weight loss. The pain of job rejection is hard to swallow but the perfect job will come along in time. Hope it's soon though xxx

Ruth said...

Congratulations to Penny on both her weight loss and MA ... fabulous!

Missus Wookie said...

Congratulations on the distinction!

Ugh on the job rejection, there has been some of that around here and it is so hard to keep pushing through.