Pages

Saturday 11 November 2017

Spotlight Saturday - Blog Friends

How wonderful it is when you actually get to meet those friends you have made over your blog. I have been privileged to meet quite a few blog friends over the years, firstly when Deb came over from the States and also only this last September. THEN I found out that Melissa was going to be in London in November - oh yes! I had to try and meet up with her. I had no sooner sent her an email than I got one back asking if I, and 4 other of the bloggers were free to meet up for lunch. Of course I said yes! I immediately booked a day off work and last Tuesday took the train up to London to meet Melissa and her hubbie Robbie in Covent Garden.

I arrived far too early - I always do! But that meant that I was able to have a mooch around Covent Garden which was lovely and tourist free!

I came across these three lovely Pearly Kings who were selling poppies and they kindly posed for me.
And there were some wonderful looking window displays too.
Anyway! It was nearly time to meet at the restaurant when I bumped into Ruth! We had a bit more of a walk around together and then got to the restaurant just before 12 - Melissa and Robbie were already there. We were soon joined by Jacky and Mrs Wookie.
We chatted and laughed and ate and chatted some more. It felt like meeting an old friend even though I have never met Melissa in real life before - she really is a lovely lady and her hubbie is great too.

After lunch we went across the road for a photo shoot - well that's what scrapbook bloggers have to do isn't it?!
And of course Robbie was the perfect gentleman and took a group photo for each of us on our phones or cameras - thanks Robbie!
It was then almost time to go our separate ways, but earlier Ruth and I had spotted an establishment that we had to take Melissa to as it was the perfect photo opportunity.
I think I can say that we all had the most wonderful time. I do like meeting up with blog friends and hope that I can continue to do so in the future. So thank you Melissa for getting in touch, to Ruth for booking the table and to Robbie for treating us to lunch.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

It was such a pleasure to finally meet you in person! Yes, it was just like old friends getting together & so much FUN!! Thank you for taking the day off - it really made me feel special.

We're home & I'm beginning to process the tons of photos from our trip. I'll be sharing them on the blog in the coming weeks. :)

Missus Wookie said...

Lovely to get to see everyone, it was such a great lunch break. Definitely need to do it again in the new year! :)

Ruth said...

It was such a lovely occasion! I count myself very fortunate to have met some wonderful people through blogging and scrapbooking. Oh, and before I go, could you please send me a copy of the photo of Melissa and me? Thanks!

Patio Postcards said...

Wonderful photos & what a great way to spend an afternoon. I chuckled out loud of Melissa's photo on the steps of Melissa,