Pages

Saturday 25 November 2017

Spotlight Saturday - My week

Last week started well on Saturday (well I know Saturday isn't the begnining of the week, but for the purposes of this blog it is!) with a trip to Sutton near Ely in Cambs to visit my school friend Jane at her house and also Ann. We all first met on the first day of secondary school aged 11 - 40 years ago! We have remained very good friends ever since. The last time we met up was April last year so it was great to get together and catch up and also to see Jane's house as I had never been there.

Sunday saw us get up early to get jobs done, including making the Christmas cake.

Sunday afternoon Penny, Wendy and I went to a wrestling match in Harlow - it was great fun!

Monday after work Penny and I went for a really good 30 minute walk.

Tuesday we found out that we had got planning permission to build an annexe for Penny to live in - more about that though another day!

Nothing happened on Wednesday and I didn't take any photos!

Thursday evening Hugh, Penny and I went to a local garden centre where they were having a German Market. We had a fun evening - we bought quite a few bits and pieces for Christmas, had some waffles (Hugh had wurst!) and a lovely glass of gluwhein!



Friday is my day off and I spent the morning cleaning and then had a facial - bliss! I had a delivery of some Christmas votices from HeavenScents and lit one - it smells wonderful!

Today we are off to do some shopping in town and then tomorrow Wendy, Sue and I are driving to Maidstone to the craft show to hopefully spend some money on some stash!

Oh and just to say that following my post last weekend, if you would like to join in and as Ruth put it just have a part of you in the photo, or if you just want to use the prompts to take Advent photos, please feel free to still join us! We would love your company and to see your Advent photos.

Hope you have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

I like the idea of Christmas scents, I've been enjoying the cinnamon candles in my house for the last couple of weeks.

Hope the craft show was fun :)

Ruth said...

Looks as though you've had a lovely time of late! Good friends need keeping hold of, don't they! My oldest friend, as in years known, is 28 years, so we're a little behind you!

alexa said...

What a lovely warming post - and a great photo of you making that cake! German markets, scented candles, brisk walks and times with friends? Perfect way to begin the winter season ...

Melissa said...

It sounds and looks like it was a very nice week!

I'm enjoying the start to the AdventSelfieADay! :)