Pages

Saturday 24 March 2018

Spotlight Saturday - a layout share

Good morning! Happy Saturday to you all. How are things with you? Building work is coming along well here and I will share that with you again soon. This week has been a bit of a mixed bag for me - I met up with  a good friend for a meal, at last. We had been trying to get together since December but life kept getting in the way so it was great to meet up again and catch up. Unfortunately when I got home half of a back double tooth fell out! That wasn't fun! The emergency dentist has patched it up and I am going back on Tuesday to see my own dentist to try and save the tooth.

The last few weekends have been busy but I still managed to get some layouts done.

This one was done after I watched Jen Schow's first Youtube video on her 'Use it or Lose it' series.
As you can probably tell, it focussed on using wood veneer! I've still got loads left though!
This next layout was loosely based on an old Inkie Quill Youtube video, again about using up old stash, this time odd Thickers. With this layout I was able to use all those pesky numbers that you get at the bottom of the sheets and only ever use 2 or 3 of them! 

And finally today a layout using my Glitter Girl collection for these lovely photos of Penny and a wrestler she met. I loved using a quote as the title of this one.

Oh yes, and I had a 'helper' one  Sunday too!
If you like watching scrapbookers on Youtube I can highly recommend Jen Schow and Inkie Quill - they plus Nicole Jones, Shimmelle and ScrappyNerdUK are my most watched and where I get a lot of inspiriation for my layouts. Now I'm off to watch some Inkie Quill! Have a lovely weekend!


3 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

I remember creating pages with all those thicker numbers/letters as a background, oh and journal covers. Thanks for the ideas - I'm teaching a journal making class over Easter :)

Very helpful cat, explaining a lap is required.....

Ruth said...

Gosh, you have been productive! I particularly like the one with all the wooden embellies.

Melissa said...

I really (really!) like all the stash you used on those first two layouts! I want to try both of those ideas!