Pages

Monday 2 November 2009

OK, First Prompt Here We Come!


Received the first prompt from Shimelle today and so here I am creating my first post in response! I do not think that I will be able to post every day, especially once I am back at work, but I would like to be able to post once a week if possible and will try to do that.

I have been off work now for ten days - it seems much longer - with the most awful stomach bug which saw me hospitalized. I am recovering now and should be back at work on Thursday. They definitely need me there as we are in the middle of recruiting staff, a lot of staff, and there is so much work I should be doing!

The photo above is from Saturday night. We don't go in for celebrating Halloween in this house - never have done, even when the kids were little. However, this year Ben and his girlfriend brought home four pumpkins for us to carve and Penny had her friend Beth round to watch scary films and she bought sweets for the trick or treaters. I had never carved a pumpkin before and I wasn't brilliant at it lol! Hugh did one on his own and then Ben and Rachael did one together and Penny and Beth did the small one. We put them all on the front wall for the photo, but then moved them to the back garden for the rest of the evening so we could see them out of the conservatory window. The chickens are now thoroughly enjoying the insides of the pumpkins!

1 comment:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Hi Becky ~ I'm so glad you found my blog through our class with Shimelle and that you left me a comment that led me back to yours. See you in class! :o)