Pages

Saturday 5 March 2011

Beach Babe!

Just a quick layout to share with you here. Hugh loves to mess about, and none more so than when we are all away on holiday together. Of course, seeing a huge pile of seaweed he couldn't resist putting it on his head and pretending to be a mermaid!

I have a lovely pad of summer papers which I bought when I was in Florida and I cut out quite a few bits to make the embellishments. I did most of the layout at my friend's house when I went out for the crop, and when I brought it home and showed it to Hugh he said it was great but needed a mermaid on it.

I was then a bit naughty! I used that as an excuse to buy a new Cricut cartridge! I treated myself to 'Life's a Beach' and I am thrilled with it! The mermaid was exactly what I needed and I also loved the waves that I cut out and put glamour dust on. I am looking forward to using this cartridge a lot more.

I must add, that Hugh did say to me, 'You are not going to put that on your blog are you? How embarrassing!' However, he doesn't really mind - honestly, I did check with him before posting!

2 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Great colours for the beach,Becky....and love that wave along the bottom.

Sian said...

Such a lovely fun feel to this layout Becky. I love the wave at the bottom too - because it echoes the mermaid's hair as well.