Pages

Monday 6 June 2011

Miniature Monday

So, we are now up to 'The Tower'. This was a kit from the Dollshouse Emporium and as soon as I saw it I knew that it would be just right to create a miniature for Ben. As a 14 year old at the time he wasn't exactly 'into' miniatures, however he was into all things Lord of the Rings and also Warhammer.

So, I bought the kit, and with a little help from Hugh we constructed it. Hugh decided that he would really like to help with this one, so whilst I was wallpapering inside and out he created the light for the main room and various of the weapons. Sorry the table is dusty below! I didn't realise when I took the photos!

The idea was that this was one of the towers of Rohan and so I also created a figurine for it to represent Legolas (Hugh made his pointy ears!).

The outside was laid with individual stones from an aquarium shop - all stuck down with white glue and the steps and 'concrete' look was achieved with a special stone effect paint.

The first floor was the main hall and the upstairs room had the weapons. Ben was really pleased with it and the tower had pride of place in his room for about three years. When he reorganised his bedroom he wanted to get rid of it - gasp! I couldn't let that happen, so it is stored away, to be found a home again perhaps in his bedroom once he has moved to Reading and his bedroom becomes the spare room!

Thanks for looking! We are almost at an end, although I still have my main dollshouse to share, which I will stretch out for as long as I can!

8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Wonderful,Becky....perfect for a lot of boys,I would think.

Lynn said...

I love all the attention to detail - don't think I would have the patience to do this! Hopefully you will be able to put it on show again soon.

Sian said...

Wow! I bet he will want to put it out again at some stage. And you never know, a new generation of boys in the family at some point would probably love it too.

Cheri said...

I can't imagine the time and patience it takes to do these pieces! This is fabulous.

Anonymous said...

I KNOW I wouldn't have the patience for this kind of detail work. I'm really enjoying these posts!

Alison said...

another great miniature...perfect for a boy!
Alison xx

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Amazing, as always, Becky! I love Monday's on your blog. Now if I could just love Monday's at work that much I'd be doing well... ;o)

Abi said...

wow, the attentiont to detail is amazing! x