Pages

Monday 18 June 2012

A few more anniversary photos to share ...

Everyone tucked into the food at the party and I was pleased that there was very little left when we came to clear up!
Pippa, Del and the girls tucking in. 
I was lucky with the catering and Mum, Pippa, Sandra and Del's Mum all contributed some lovely food.

The cakes were made by a friend of Ben's. Ours was a chocolate Guiness sponge and Mum and Dad's was a vanilla sponge. They were both absolutely delicous and I ate far too much of them both! Penny made some gorgeous cupcakes - silver ones with chocolate sponge and white chocolate icing and  silver hearts and others a vanilla sponge with vanilla icing sprayed gold with gold hearts. I ate too many of those too!
Guests waiting for us to cut the cakes.
Dad making his speech. It was really sweet - he had got Mum to watch the video of our wedding reception and take down in shorthand the speech he made then. Mum then typed it up for him and he went over it again, pointing out that everything he had said had come true for us. Hugh and I were really touched.
Mum and Dad cutting their cake.
Hugh and I cutting our cake - unfortunately I haven't found anyone who took a photo with us looking at the camera!
And to finish with, this lovely photo of Mum and Dad, actually taken at the start of the party, but I just love it!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos and many congratulations!!

Karen said...

Such a special occasion, and terrific photos! I see a lot of scrapbook pages coming.

Alison said...

Great pictures Becky!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures Becky - those cakes look really nice.

Missus Wookie said...

oh these are lovely - I'm only just catching up on people's blogs. Nice to see you had such a full house and some lovely food. How nice to have a video of the wedding too - we have photos but no video.