Pages

Friday 22 June 2012

The running man

Back on the 1st April Ben ran in the Reading Half Marathon - his first ever marathon of any sort - and came 201st out of about 15,000 entrants! We were so proud of him! We spent the day before the event with him in Reading, shopping and chilling at his flat with him and his best mate Matt. Hugh and I took the pair of them out for a meal in the evening and then we stayed at the Premier Inn - I am not ready to stay with him unti he has a spare bedroom with proper beds, I am not sleeping on a sofa!

On the Sunday we met up with Ben and Matt at the start and saw him set off. The three of us then made our way into the stadium and waited for him to appear - which he did really fast! We were super impressed!

So here is the layout commemorating the event. It is a double page spread which I needed to do to make use of the photos I had. I based it on Shimelle's 6x4 photo love for May, but used one 'photo' to make a pocket to put the route of the map and race info.

The running shoes, medal, 'START' and stopwatch were all on a sticker sheet which I bought for one of my very first layouts, 6 years ago, when I completed the Moonwalk! I've used up all the sheet now - yay!

6 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a great layout. I like the orange-ness of it.
Rinda

Melissa said...

This turned out great & those stickers were the perfect embellishments.

Beverly said...

Blue and orange, one of my favorite combos! Ben's run is hugely impressive. The Chosen One is looking at his first half in November, I cannot imagine what drives them to do it lol

Karen said...

Congrats to Ben! Isn't is great when you have just the right embellishments in your stash?

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Ben! The layout looks great Becky. How neat that you still had those stickers to use on it.

Missus Wookie said...

Congratulations to Ben!

And congratulations for finishing up that sticker sheet :)