Pages

Sunday 1 July 2012

Story telling Sunday 2 - A renewal

Sian is hosting Storytelling Sunday 2  today - stories in words and pictures, or just pictures.

This month, as I am still surrounded by dirty clothes, washing in the machine and ironing to be done having returned from California late on Friday evening, I am sharing photos from our trip. Two which are very precious:
 Renewing our vows with Elvis at the Graceland Chapel in Las Vegas. (The quality of this photo is not great as I took it off the video - official photos take 3 weeks to arrive!).
This photo was taken by the chauffeur of the limo after the ceremony. I was a little worried that the ceremony may be 'tacky' but in fact it was lovely - serious vows at the start, followed by the Elvis vows. Hugh and I both thoroughly enjoyed the event and it has taken a very special place in our holiday memories.

Please pop on over to Sian's blog to find links to many more photos/stories this month.

18 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

It sounds lovely,Becky.

Mel said...

What a fun way to renew your vows! Hope you enjoyed your trip - we went to California last summer and had an amazing time!

Lou said...

I think the only way to renew your vows is with Elvis! sounds like a great day x

Missus Wookie said...

Hmm Wookie are just starting to talking about what should we do for our 25th... lol love the photos and idea :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos of a lovely occasion x

Irene said...

How wonderful to renew your vows and in California. Now, I won't be able to stop humming Going to the Chapel, for days! Love your photographs, such a happy occasion.

Melissa said...

Sounds like a great trip - how wonderful to renew your vows!

Beverly said...

Elvis is looking pretty good these days ;) What a great thing to do on your trip. I LOVE the second photo!!!

Ifa said...

Oh wow, congratulations. I have that "tacky" view but am always surprised how many people who have experienced it themselves come out with such a positive review. Fantastic memory. You also reminded me to put some washing on LOL.

dogmatix said...

Love the photos especially the 2nd one. :)

alexa said...

How lovely! What an amazing thing to incorporate as part of a holiday - memorable AND meaningful ... You both looks really happy.

Alison said...

Love that second pic...what a lovely thing to have done!
Alison xx

Unknown said...

That's an exciting addition to your holiday! Congratulations!

furrypig said...

what a sweet story and the 2nd photo is gorgeous well done to the lino driver!

Linda said...

What fun - renewing your vows with Elvis:)! Thanks for leaving me a comment too:)

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Becky ~ I thought this was such a great idea when I saw your second photo on Facebook. I LOVE that photo, by the way. Congratulations to you and your hubby for the renewal of your vows, and I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Las Vegas. :o)

Anonymous said...

2 super pictures. What a neat thing to do. Congratulations.

Sian said...

Today, as I read stories while my holiday washing goes round in the machine, I have a big smile on my face - this photos are wonderful! What an exciting way to celebrate your anniversary. Thanks for sharing them Becky (and of course I'll be back to see more holiday pictures..)