Pages

Saturday 10 November 2012

Well, that was a nice week off!

Saturday already! Where has that week gone? Monday we took Penny back to Folkestone and waited with her whilst her broadband was installed - at last! It has taken them nearly 8 weeks since we moved her in to get this organised. Now we can Skype every evening which is nice. On our way home Hugh and I stopped off in Rochester so that he could go to the model railway shop there. I had a mooch around the shops whilst he was doing that!

Tuesday was spent with a trip to the dentist for Hugh and the hairdresser for me in the morning and then relaxing in the afternoon - model railway for Hugh, scrapbooking for me.

Wednesday we completed some jobs and had a walk into Wickford to get a newspaper and then spent another afternoon relaxing! In the evening we went to the Italian restaurant in Wickford and had a lovely meal - we both chose exactly the same from the menu! Calamari for a starter and then spaghetti carbonara for our main. A glass of white wine for me and a lager for Hugh. I had really fancied a desert when we arrived, but after our starter and main I couldn't manage one! Not brilliant photos I'm afraid, taken on my phone!

Thursday morning saw me making my Christmas chutney - I use a Delia Smith recipe and it is delicious!
We also went to Staples and bought some new hanging files ready to attack our filing cabinet under the stairs and start a big sort out! We did do about 3 files when we came home, but then ran out of steam and decided to scrap instead lol!

Friday morning we drove over to Basildon to do some shopping on behalf of Father Christmas! We also had to buy my nephew his 18th birthday present as we are all getting together at the end of the month to celebrate his birthday and Olivia's 10th birthday. We decided to treat ourselves to lunch out at the Wickford Cafe - Hugh had the allday English breakfast, I had scampi, chips and peas!
Guess what we did in the afternoon! I have got quite a few pages to share with you over the next week or so! I also did a special mini book, but I can't tell you who for or share it here until after Christmas!

So, to finish, here is one of the layouts I completed this week.
This is another layout from our Isle of Wight holiday


I have been taking Shimelle's latest class, Scrapbook Remix, which is all about mixing your patterned papers and I am finding it extremely good. It is really making me think about the patterend paper I have and about putting patterns together that perhaps I wouldn't have done before and I am quite pleased with the results!


3 comments:

Sian said...

It sounds like a really nice week. Didn't there used to be a dollshouse shop in Rochester? I think I remember one from many years ago

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing week. Love that new layout - the colours & patterns look great together.

Karen said...

You surely made wonderful use of a week off!