Pages

Thursday 24 April 2014

Simply a Moment - April 14



I am standing in the dark. It is not just dark, but completely pitch black. I cannot see my hand in front of my face. The walls around me are rocky and damp, the floor beneath my feet uneven and slippery. Laughter suddenly drifts up the tunnel towards me. Ben and Penny have gone to explore to the end of the tunnel and find the cave. More laughter and then a flash bounces off the walls. They are taking selfies as I asked them too - well I have scrapbooking in mind! Hugh has gone back towards the entrance, his claustrophobia getting the better of him. I hear Ben and Penny chatting. My heart swells with happiness to hear them getting on so well together. I think to myself that I must remember this moment and that makes me think of Simply a Moment and I know what I will record once I get back to the cottage. Their voices are coming closer now and their torch light is bouncing off the rocky walls as they approach. 'We took selfies for you!' Penny calls as she gets nearer 'and I took a photo of Ben in a hole!' It is wonderful to see them enjoying themselves and letting go of inhibitions even though they are young adults now. Suddenly they are with me again and there is light around me, we head off together to find Hugh.

This month I am joining in with Alexa at Trimming the Sails to record a moment in my life. Mine was recorded at Careg Cennen Castle in South Wales whilst we were on holiday last week.

Please hop on over to Alexa's blog to read her moment and find the links to many more.

12 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely moment....and a great photo they took.

Sian said...

I love the selfie.

And yes! I can relate to this moment this month. TTO has been home for the holidays and it has been a real pleasure to see him going out of his way to spend time with his sister and cheer her on with her GCSE revision.

Missus Wookie said...

Oh how lovely - that's a remarkably good selfie!

Karen said...

A great selfie from inside a cave! It is wonderful to have grown children who genuinely like one another and can have a good time together. It's a joy I never take for granted!

Melissa said...

Yes, great moment to remember and fantastic selfie, especially considering how difficult the light would have been.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

I'm impressed with the quality of that selfie, inside a cave! Lovely photo and so great when our children get on together :o) Great moment.

Honoré said...

What a fun moment! And taking a "selfie," in a cave is too cool and so typical of teens.
I enjoyed sharing your moment; thanks.
Cheers~

Anonymous said...

pretty nice blog, following :)

Melissa said...

Oh Becky, what a fantastic moment to record - sounds like it was a FUN time!

alexa said...

I don't think we have ever had an underground moment before, Becky - you have achieved a first here! Lovely to read of your happiness and see the evidence in those bright faces. Aren't they alike? I was delighted to see you in the Linky and thank you so much for joining in again :).

Maria Ontiveros said...

How lovely that they get on so well together - definitely a moment to capture and remember always.
Rinda

Anonymous said...

What a great looking selfie!