Pages

Thursday 20 November 2014

Using up a kit

I'm back! I had a week's annual leave and thought I would probably blog a lot. As it turned out, I spent the week; making my Christmas cake, pudding and chutney; going out for lunch with my Mum and Dad (Hugh had the week off too); going for a walk in the woods (Penny was home for that) so that I had some autumnal photos to use with my new kit; going to the Tiptree Jam Museum and Tea Room; going out for an Italian meal with Hugh; ordering a new lounge suite; hospital appointments for me and Hugh; having the house alarm serviced and Christmas shopping!

I hardly did any scrapbooking - I thought I would be spending the whole week doing it, but I found myself being creative in other ways. We had a lovely relaxing week and are now back to work and very busy!

I did do a couple of pages though and here is one of them. The other day I showed all the layouts I had made with the Early Autumn kit and said that I probably had enough left for another layout or two. Well I made just one more and then put the two remaining pieces of paper into my stash - one was part used, the other a piece of orange card.

So what did I come up with?

Using an idea from one of Shimelle's classes, I took all the patterned pieces of paper I had left, cut them to roughly the same size and then layered them up. You get to see a splash of each colour and it uses them up! I have used most of the Thickers that came with the kit - I had to make up the letter 'E' and the exclamation mark is the number 1 and a full stop.
Yet again it shows how this autumn themed kit can be used for something that definitely is NOT autumnal!

I'm off on an ACAS course this morning and then into the office this afternoon. Half day tomorrow and then, hurray, it's the weekend! Hugh and I are going to visit Ben for the day and take him and Amy out for lunch, so I am looking forward to that. What are you up to this weekend?

9 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Penny has good taste - I happily had Pavlova this year for my birthday. I like the layers and spatters here. Glad you had a relaxing week. We're planning a relaxing weekend doing not much at all :)

scrappyjacky said...

Love all the layering...you really have got a lot from this kit.

Sian said...

Pavlova is my favourite dessert. Without question.

Sounds like you had a productive week off. A new lounge suite sounds good: something nice to look forward to

Anonymous said...

Love Pavlovas and we can actually eat it! What a lovely layout - like Shimelle's idea for the scraps. Sounds like you had a very nice week off.
Not sure what we'll be doing - maybe get the tree up from the basement. Oh yeah - shop for a new winter jacket for me - my old one doesn't fit anymore. (:

Karen said...

I've never had Pavlova, and will be off to "google" it soon. Sounds like you made wonderful use of your time off!

Melissa said...

You did a fantastic job using that kit! Sounds like your week off was lots of FUN!

Sandra said...

You certainly had a good week, ok maybe not doing lots of scrapping, but certainly all other fabulous things.

You're certainly getting good use out of your kit :)

alexa said...

That's some nifty work with those letters - I'd never have noticed if you hadn't shown up the close-up! Very creative ...

Jo said...

It sounds like you had a busy week off doing lots of fun things. Great layout x