Towards the end of 2015 I decided that I wanted to really celebrate being 50 in 2016. To that end I made a list of 15 things I want to achieve in 2016 – be they meeting up with friends, going out somewhere, reading, seeing films etc.
This is my list:
1. Long weekend to Venice - booked
2. See my first ballet - done
3. Last night of the proms in Hyde Park
4. Cinema in the park
5. Top of the Shard with Hugh, Penny, Ben and Amy
6. Theatre with Hugh
7. Theatre with Penny - booked
8. Holland on Sea and walk to Frinton with Hugh and Penny
9. Cinema with Wendy at least twice
10. Colour Run with Penny - booked
11. Afternoon tea at the Anchor (with Gillian?)
12. Meet up with my college friends
13. Read at least one book each month - Jan, Feb, March,
14. At least one day out with Wendy and Sue
15. Meet up with my school friends, Jane and Ann - booked
Hopefully I will get to do all 15. If I don’t (because of not being able to get tickets or events not running) then never mind – I should still do quite a few and make some memorable moments.
I intend to create a scrapbook in which I will scrap photos from these events. This will run alongside my chronological scrapbook. So watch out for those pages appearing!
I have been very luck and already can cross number 2 off the list as I went and saw the Nutcracker with Wendy and Sue at the beginning of the month. Well, I suppose I can also cross off number 14 too, but I intend to have days out during the summer with them so will leave that on for the time being!
I will do updates when I manage to book something or actually do one of the things on the list. My actual birthday is June and I have to say that I am really looking forward to it! I know that some people do not look forward to being 50, but I am in such a good place at the moment it really doesn’t bother me. I am fit, I am my ideal weight, I am happy in my job and my family is all happy and healthy. What more could I ask for!