Pages

Saturday 20 January 2018

Spotlight Saturday - a spot of scrapbooking

Hello there! Have you done much crafting yet this year? I have completed quite a few layouts, most of which I am really pleased with. They are all using photos taken during December.
I gathered together all my Christmas papers and embellishments, grabbed the photos I wanted to scrap and spent a very happy Saturday evening making up page kits.
This has meant that when I have had some free time to scrap the decision making process of what papers etc to use has already been done and I can spend the time creating the layout.
Consequently I have created quite a few layouts over the past few weeks. I usually only find time to scrap on a Sunday afternoon.
However last week I was off work with an ear infection and towards the end of the week, when I was feeling a bit better, I did allow myself to go into my craftroom and have a play.
I still have quite a few layouts left to make for December. We had a very busy month making memories.
I still have the photos of Winter Wonderland, Harry Potter Studio Tour and of course Christmas Day itself to scrap.
Of course I also created a December Diary again this month and it is full of some of these photos too, but with far few embellishments and shorter stories. I really don't mind scrapping a photo twice.
However, I would really like to have most of them done by the end of January/beginning of February. It really feels strange to me to be scrapbooking photos of Christmas any later than that. Which is strange because I don't think it odd to scrapbook summer holiday photos in December! How do you feel about scrapbooking photos of Christmas after the event? Do you save them up to scrapbook the following year? Do you just scrap them when you feel like it? Please let me know!

4 comments:

alexa said...

My goodness, you are on a roll! I especially like your cats with hats and your baking pages. I'd never thought about the relative merits of scrapping photos out of season, but I see what you mean. For me, it might be because I don't mind thinking about warm sunny bright days in winter, but I don't like remembering cold dark days when it's nice! Sorry to hear about the ear infection, and hope you are feeling much better by now.

Melissa said...

These are fabulous Becky! I have some photos printed & need to mimic you and create some kits to get me started!!

Ruth said...

Fabulous layouts! You've been very productive! I've made about 5 pages this month, with a few still on my list to complete. I think my biggest stumbling block is that I need to buy some themed paper packs; I have too many random single sheets of paper.

Patio Postcards said...

Glad to hear your ear infection is better. What great use of your time, so many wonderful layouts. I think Christmas memory scrapping is some of the most fun we can have - oh the pretty papers, the wonderful embellishments.