Pages

Saturday 17 February 2018

Saturday Spotlight - the big build!

Sorry if you came by last week and there was no new post - things just got too hectic!

If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram you will know that we have had building work start this week - we are demolishing our garage and a couple of other outbuildings and replacing them with a small one bed annexe for Penny to move into.
 So this was my view when I was standing at my kitchen sink.
Going ....
Going .....

Gone!

And now we have a digger and dump truck onsite, which Ben would have LOVED when he was a little boy!
We also have a portaloo onsite for the builders to use so they don't have to come indoors!
So far I'm really impressed with our choice of builders and am hoping that they continue to impress us! One week into the build things are going well and I have had to go out and buy more coffee lol! These builders are coffee drinkers not tea drinkers - which is probably just as well as my tea making is not very good!

So, I will be updating my blog regularly with how things are progressing with the build. Penny is, of course, extremely excited about it all and has been out with us to choose her kitchen and is having a lot of fun choosing tiles, paint and wallpaper/borders. The main build is due to take 6-8 weeks, so hopefully by the summer she will have moved in!

Anyway, I'd better stop now as I am writing this blog on a Friday so the builders are here and I think I need to go and make them another coffee!



3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, they are making good progress!

Ruth said...

I'm so excited to see this happening for you all! Re the builders, don't forget to chuck in some decent biscuits on a regular basis!

Missus Wookie said...

Yeah for progress - hope things have continued smoothly.