Pages

Thursday 31 July 2014

2014 Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt Linkup

Today I am linking up with Rinda at Gallo Organico and her Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt.

I have not posted any of my finds for July here yet! As I have been taking them I have been sharing them on Instagram, but I decided to do a round up once a month this year with what I have found. So here goes!

4. A group of tourists

7. A rural landscape


9. A bakery





11. A horn



13. A sunrise



14. A parade

16. A sign in a language other than English



18. A water fall
Now, apart from the last one (the waterfall) and the rural landscape (taken from the train on my way to Leeds) all of these were taken on our holiday to Crete. I just love looking out for these finds whilst I am on holiday!

The waterfall one was actually taken by Penny when she went to Canada and to Niagara falls. As we have been finding these as a family I decided to include it - if I find a local one I may substitute, but if not, it will do!

I also like thinking laterally! The 'parade' one I noticed as I was reading the information under the frieze. As soon as I saw the words 'a parade of horses' I said to Hugh that I must take a photo of this for the scavenger hunt! He pointed out the horn one - it was made of stone at the Palace of Knossos. These we saw all over the place as good luck and fertility symbols.

Please do hop on over to Rinda's blog to find all the linkies there and see how other people are interpreting the prompts this year.

As usual, I will be putting these onto my Scavenger Hunt page, which you can find a tab for at the top of the blog.

22 comments:

Deb @ PaperTurtle said...

Fantastic photos, Becky. I love your parade of horses! I had been thinking that I wasn't going to find a photo for "parade" but after seeing Amy's parade of pelicans it got me thinking laterally too. LOVE the waterfall photo!

Sian said...

I love the horses. It's so interesting to see the different interpretations

Sian said...

I love the horses. It's so interesting to see the different interpretations

Kerry said...

Great interpretation of parade. Love the waterfall shot.

Melissa said...

These are great - my favorites are the rural landscape & the parade! And I like that y'all are working together to find the items on the list.

Linda said...

Great finds! Love the horn!

~*~Patty S said...

Great fun getting to see your photos and lucky you getting to visit Greece!
That stone horn is quite something and your parade of horses is super too...all great pix.
oxo from Virginia USA

Sylvia said...

Love the horn!

scrappyjacky said...

Love that horn.

Lady Ella said...

Wonderful, wonderful waterfall! I think I can hear it!

Carmen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carmen said...

Now, THAT'S a waterfall! I'm jealous of your sunrise...

Karen said...

I thought I recognized Niagara Falls. We only live an hour or so away! You have some gorgeous photos here, and have checked off a lot of the list!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Love them all - especially the parade - great interpretation.

Carola Bartz said...

Your take on the horn is great, and I also like the parade! I just love the rural landscape.

Anonymous said...

fabulous horn...and I thought the one I found was big(I haven't posted it yet though)

Sandra said...

I so enjoy your photos on Instagram but to see them bigger here, on your blog is fabulous

Maria Ontiveros said...

It's great to see them all together!
Thanks for linking up,
Rinda

MiniOwner said...

You have some super shots. Thanks for sharing,
Sue x

Cheri said...

Great shots! I recognized Niagara Falls before reading the caption. How fun - I'd love to go back.

ForgedinPaper said...

Great photos I recognised the horn as soon as I saw it. Crete is one of my favourite places. Happy Hunting.

Anonymous said...

Great finds Becky! Your parade of horses is giving me an idea to do some lateral thinking on the ones I've got big question marks beside. Also to get moving on getting more of them taken, especially the ones I know are no problem. :)